If you enjoy working remotely and traveling, it is important to keep a few reliable pieces around.
I organized a list of pros and cons for the items I have been using for my daily life. Hope you enjoy reading!
Disclaimer: This Blog is purely for the purpose of sharing, and it is not affiliated with any of the products mentioned.
I use Hypercraft by 100% in absolutely any occasions: Sailing, Flying, Running…
Honeywell H910V Plus KN95 Mask
- Does not fog up my glasses
- Can be uncomfortable to 10-hour flights
100% Hypercraft Sunglasses
- I use it in absolutely any occasions: Sailing, Flying, Running…
- UltraLight (23 grams)
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic lens
- 100% has quite limited sales channels, its US site does not even ship to Canada in 2020
- Add-on lenses are always out of stock, but I managed to scoop some knock-off ones for extremely cheap prices on Aliexpress
G-Shock Gravity Master
- Automatic timezone shifts
- Solar powered
- Can be chunky around the wrist
2. Personal care
I enjoy a protein cocktail mixed with coffee in the morning, Blender’s protein shaker works for anything hot or cold.
LA ROCHE-POSAY Hydraphase Intense Light Facial Moisturizer
- Easy to pack
- Lighten up the skin
- Intense hydration for the whole day
- Doesn’t get sticky
Blender Bottle Shaker
- I lose probably a dozen of bottles a year
- I like to enjoy a protein cocktail mixed with coffee in the morning, it works for anything hot or cold
- Its seal is very secure. I don’t have to worry about leaks when I put it in my backpack
Joico Spiker Ice Hair Water-Resistant Styling Glue
- Last all-day
- Glue, not a Gel
Xiaomi’s 20000mAh can charge my iPhone X for up to 7 times.
iPad Pro 12.9’’ with Magic Keyboard
- Amazing display
- Great user experience
- Magnetic Apple Pencil
- Great file management system in the new iPadOS
Significant speed bump: M1 version of iPad Pro now supports Thunderbolt 3 and Wifi 6, plus a mini-LED display
Xiaomi 20000mAh Powerbank
- Fantastic for travels, can charge my iPhone X for up to 7 times
- Compatible with iPad and Macbook (max 65W)
- Fast charging Type-C and USB 3.0 ports
- If weight is a problem, then it is a problem (but it still fits in a pocket)
I recently just switched to a Thunderbolt 3 SSD enclosure by Acasis with data transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps (2000 – 3000m/s) .
ASUS STRIX Arion SSD External Portable Enclosure
- Aluminum Alloy
- Compatible with m.2 NVMe SSDs. Data transfer speeds up-to 10 Gbps(~1000m/s) (USB 3.2 Gen 2)
Acasis Thunderbolt 3 SSD Enclosure
I recently just switched to a Thunderbolt 3 SSD enclosure by Acasis with data transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps (2000–3000m/s) . I strongly recommend the combo if you own a Macbook for intensive editing works
5. Outdoor activities
GoPro Hero 4 Silver is Cheap and parts are everywhere.
Garmin Forerunner 920xt
- Compatible with sensors, and it has GPS tracking
- Long battery life
- Multi-sport, great for training
- Intuitive UI
GoPro HERO4 Silver from 2015
- Cheap, costs ~$100 per unit. Parts are everywhere.
- 4K and Superview
- 12MP suffice for daytime footage